Top 5 Benefits of Acupuncture in Columbia?
Are you tired of your doctor going straight to pills to reduce your symptoms? Not only are they rising in price, but there always seems to be a long list of potential side effects. The goods news is that there is an alternative in some cases. Acupuncture has been used since 100 BC in China. It was believed that it restored qi (a person's energy flow) to patients which then resulted in health benefits. Its effects have been proven to work for various ailments, making acupuncture a valid choice for those seeking a natural treatment option. So, can acupuncture help you? Keep reading to discover the top 5 benefits of acupuncture in Columbia.
Acupuncture Benefits in Columbia
- Reduces Pain - Perhaps the most well-known benefit of acupuncture is pain relief. The four main areas it can help are arthritis, chronic headaches, shoulder pain, and back and neck pain. However, it has also been shown to help reduce knee and back pain. Thin acupuncture needles can relax tight and overworked muscles to reduce pain. It also triggers the release of endorphins which, when interacted with the brain's opiate receptors, can reduce pain. Many feel the pain relief instantly. And, in the case of chronic headaches and migraines, patients get long-lasting effects that reduce the number of headaches.
- Reduces Stress - The idea of a stranger sticking long needles in your skin may not exactly seem relaxing. However, it has been proven to reduce stress. Think about how you feel after a nice massage. Your muscles are relaxed, and you leave feeling refreshed and happy. Well, acupuncture produces a similar feeling. The needles don't hurt, but they do relax your muscles, help with the pain you may be experiencing, and release endorphins which can boost your mood. Some patients are so relaxed they even fall asleep on the table.
- Helps with Anxiety - Acupuncture can benefit your mental health more than just helping you relax from a stressful day of work. It can also be a long-term treatment for anxiety. Regular sessions have been used as an alternative to prescription drugs, and you may even feel the results after your first session.
- Natural Anti-Aging - Do you feel self-conscious about your aging skin? You may have resorted to spending hundreds of dollars of anti-aging creams that just don't work. If this sounds familiar, consider acupuncture. It can act as a natural anti-aging treatment by relaxing wrinkles, boosting collagen levels, and activating sagging facial muscles.
- Prevents Cognitive Decline - It's no secret that cognitive decline can occur as you age. But cognitive decline isn't just dementia and Alzheimer's. Parkinson's disease occurs when nerve cells in the brain begin to die. Although there is no cure, acupuncture has been shown to be an effective part of a patient's treatment plan. The putamen and thalamus are two areas of the brain that are particularly affected by Parkinson's disease. These areas also generate neural responses to acupuncture, which may help slow the disease.
If you're looking for a natural way to reduce pain, stress, anxiety, skin aging, or cognitive decline, consider trying acupuncture. Of course, there are many other benefits of acupuncture that you can discuss with your acupuncturist to ensure you feel your best.