5 Signs It's time to see a chiropractor in Columbia
When you were young, a bump and a scrape on the knee were all fixed by a band-aid. But as you've got older, aches, pains, stiffness, poor posture, and clicky joints may have become a regular occurrence. You may have these aches and pains because you've slept badly, have a pre-existing injury, or you're just stressed out. A band-aid won't work, so is there anything you can do about it? Read on to find out five clear signs on when to see a chiropractor in Columbia.
Signs you may need chiropractic care in Columbia
- Pain in the Back - There are many factors that may contribute to back pain, such as poor posture, prolonged sitting or standing, heavy lifting, and more. Whether the pain is in the upper back or your lower back or feels like it needs to crack, it's time to get help. A chiropractor will be able to give you the needed pain relief without any invasive surgery or drugs. If your back is out of alignment, it can be set back in the right place with spinal manipulation and other chiropractic adjustments.
- Achy Joints and Muscles - If you're experiencing muscle pain and achy joints, it could be due to a musculoskeletal misalignment. If it goes untreated, it can lead to other health problems, such as arthritis. A chiropractor can use spinal adjustments to increase the blood flow and nerve conductivity to your joints and muscles. This treatment will allow your body to function optimally and help your achy joints and muscles feel looser and more flexible.
- Headaches - Did you know that 1 in 20 adults has a headache nearly every day? The cause may be dehydration, malnutrition, oxygen deprivation, or your spine may have become misaligned. Research suggests that spinal manipulation and chiropractic adjustments can improve blood flow to the brain. This back realignment treatment will increase the amount of oxygen that is supplied to the brain, which results in fewer headaches.
- Funny Feet - If you notice that the soles of your shoes wear out differently, it might be a sign that something in your body is out of alignment. Your body naturally tries to stay midline, so when an imbalance occurs, other areas of the body begin to compensate. Chiropractors use sophisticated medical devices that can analyze where the problem lies. They can then realign your body so that it stays midline. This realignment will stop you from unknowingly putting stress onto other areas, such as your hips, knees, ankles, or neck.
- Stiff, Achy Joints - If you experience continuous stiffness or pain in a certain area, you may subconsciously stop using those muscles or joints. And we all know the saying, "If you don't use it, you lose it". A decrease in range of motion and flexibility can be the beginning of a downward spiral of health. Chiropractic adjustments can realign the bones, which will relieve pain. With less pain and inflammation, your body will be able to enjoy a normal range of motion without stiffness.
If you're suffering from any of the above and are wondering when to see a chiropractor, the time is now. Without proper treatment, you could be doing more harm to your body in the long run. Book a consultation with us today so we can help you on the road to recovery!