5 Natural Home Remedies for Neuropathy in Columbia MO
Your grandchild runs over to you and looks up at you with big bright eyes. They want you to pick them up but thanks to your neuropathy, it’s not safe for you to lift them. Neuropathy is a condition in which you will feel numbness, pain, and weakness in your hands and legs. It will stop you from doing normal daily activities such as picking up a child, bringing in groceries, or even driving to the store to pick up said groceries. The good news is that there are ways for you to get a little relief. Here are a few amazing home remedies for neuropathy in Columbia MO.
Amazing Home Remedies for Neuropathy in Columbia MO
- Exercise - Regular exercise is a great way to reduce your blood sugar which will put a plugin nerve damage. It also helps get rid of stress in your arms and legs by increasing blood flow. This combo will work together in harmony to reduce any discomfort and pain that you may be feeling.
- Cayenne Pepper - Capsaicin is a common ingredient in creams because of its ability to reduce pain. It's also the ingredient in Cayenne pepper that gives it that unique kick. So if you're into spicy food, it may be beneficial for you to work Cayenne into your diet. You can also pick up the creams that contain it. Be sure to talk to your doctor before you give this method a try.
- Take a Warm Bath - There is nothing like sinking into a warm bath at the end of a long day. It's comforting, washes off your day, and can also ease neuropathy pain. Like exercise, a warm bath gets the blood circulating throughout your entire body. This will decrease your pain symptoms and get those numb limbs working. Make sure that your bath is warm but isn't hot enough to cook you like a lobster.
- Essential Oils - There are a few essential oils that have the ability to get your blood circulating through your limbs and also act as an inflammatory to ease your pain. Add a few drops of chamomile or Roman lavender to olive oil or another carrier oil and rub it on the pained areas like lotion.
- Meditation - It's amazing what role your mind can have in your healing process. Participating in meditation gets you into this healing mindset. Meditation lowers any stress you're feeling which in turn, calms down the stress you're carrying in your body. This is an amazing non-invasive technique that will help you learn to cope with your pain.
Neuropathy not only hurts but has the potential to get in the way of your daily life. While you may not be able to stop it, you can take control of it. Use these amazing home remedies for neuropathy to take back your life. While these remedies will help you manage your pain, they're no replacement for a trained professional. Contact us to make an appointment with one of our Columbia MO chiropractors.