Acupuncture for Sciatica in Columbia MO?
There are few things as persistent and uncomfortable as sciatica pain. You've tried everything possible to get rid of the aching in your back, but no matter what you do, nothing seems to stick. If this sounds like you, then it may be time for you to try acupuncture for sciatica. Acupuncture is an ancient practice that has been around for thousands of years, and has been used to relieve pain from every part of the body - including the back. Does this sound interesting to you? If so, you need to read on to find out more about this incredible sciatica treatment in Columbia MO.
5 Things you need to know about having acupuncture for sciatica in Columbia MO
- Sciatica Only Affects a Specific Region - For the most part, sciatica only affects one specific area of the posterior region. This most often ends up being the lower back or even in the upper section of the buttocks. The reason for this is because the sciatic nerve starts in the lower back and runs down the buttocks and down the back of each leg. With such a long nerve, it's not a surprise that it can be somewhat hard to pinpoint exactly where the pain is located.
- Nerve Compression Is the Cause - When actual sciatic pain occurs, there tends to be a compression of the nerve in the lower back. This compression causes the nerve to feel like it's being pinched, sending sharp pangs as you move or sit, depending on where the nerve is harmed.
- Acupuncture for Sciatica Effects the Nerves Directly - Acupuncture is an ancient practice of using small needles to penetrate the skin and readjust the nerves in your body. In the case of sciatica, an acupuncture specialist will have to know about the nerves located in the back and buttocks.
- Acupuncture Relies on the Natural Painkillers - When the sciatic nerve is affected by the acupuncture procedure, A number of things happen to the body. First, the affected nerve is largely relieved of immediate pain by the release of endorphins and enkephalins. These natural painkillers will alleviate you of the pain for some time, but the real magic happens around the nerve itself.
- It Also Increases Blood Flow and Fixes Tension - When the acupuncture needle is inserted, blood flow is increased within that region. This increased blood flow will bring with it a host of materials that are designed to repair damaged areas within the body, and they'll get to work on fixing up your sciatic nerve. Acupuncture also helps to relax the muscles in the region, easing the tension caused by the nerve and further promoting blood flow. With enough acupuncture sessions, your sciatica pain can be treated.
Now that you know about acupuncture for sciatica, you need to know where to go in order to get the treatment that you need for your back pain. We'd be more than happy to assist you. Pro Active Chiropractic Center has helped many patients to alleviate their back problems, and we'd love to help you get rid of yours. We specialize in working with back pain, disk injury, sciatica procedures, carpal tunnel, and much more.